Thursday, April 26, 2012

mixing pattern and color | personal style

One of my best friends, Alison, alerted me to a  little "flaw" in my wardrobe a few years ago....

side note: Alison is THE queen of mixing colors and patterns in her wardrobe.  Honestly, she's like our own personal little Rachel Zoe. She knows how to dress and has major style. major.

 So, when she told me that I needed to add more "pattern" into my closet..I listened.

Believe it or not...EVERY time I go shopping and reach for the solid black t-shirts...I stop myself and think of Alison reminding me to spice things up with pattern.  After all, I work with color and pattern everyday and I needed to start dressing with a little more spunk.

Fast forward a couple of years and I'm officially transformed. No more plain black t's for me. Well..only once in a while.

Here's a little example.  See...it's nothing too fancy....perfect for working at my home office, running the kids around to practices and best of all, still affordable ( shoes, earrings and t-shirt were under $45 for all three items)
1. ballet flats from target, $14.99
2. pink and ivory polka dot, 3/4 length tee from old navy, $19.00
3. turquoise and gold earrings from world market, $9.99


2 comments:

  1. Glad I could help ;) totally kidding! That's interesting how you remember that I said that and changed it up, cute look!

    ReplyDelete
  2. And thanks for the 'shout out', i dont mind being compared to r zoe!

    ReplyDelete